Ads 468x60px

Labels

Friday, October 21, 2011

Welcome to Channeling the Mist



Let me start off with an introduction... my name is Secretbrew and with the release of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, I will be rerolling a Pandaren Mistweaver Monk.

I started playing World of Warcraft during The Burning Crusade as an Affliction Warlock. While I enjoyed the complexity of Affliction DPS, I always felt like I didn't have my fingers on the pulse of the raid. Wanting to be a bigger part of the raid group and have more control over our ability to progress through a raid instance I switched to a Resto Druid during the beginning of the Ulduar content patch in Wrath of the Lich King. Now, with the upcoming release of the Mists of Pandaria I am ready to take on a brand new adventure.

Launching an adventure into the mysteries and complexities of a brand new class is exciting in itself, but adding fuel to the fire is the fact that I have the chance to chronicle these adventures from the first day the class was announced at Blizzcon 2011. Channeling the Mist: from a Mistweaver Monk perspective is my way of recording these adventures and bringing anyone who would like to accompany me along.


So whether you are excited about Mists of Pandaria, Pandaren, the Monk class, or the Mistweaver specialization pull up a browser tab and catch a ride.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Secretbrew!
    I am so excited about this, I could pop! I have been waiting another game to try a melee based healer since the first full on one I ever tried, back in Vanguard, where their Adept class was basically a healing monk. I currently play a Holy Pally, and although it gives me a little bit of that feel at times, I want a class where my attacks actually trigger the heals, not I attack just to Regen mana. I have high hopes for what this spec could heal, and hope Blizzard doesn't disappoint.

    You blog looks great as well, and I'll definitely be following you and your blog for updates. Thanks for starting things off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was one of those who totally dismissed this expansion as "Kung Fu Panda." I forgot that WoW created the East Asian-esque Pandarens long before Kung Fu Panda was released.

    I was initially drawn to the DPS Windwalker, but the Mistweaver recently caught my interest. One of my biggest complaints with playing healers in ANY MMO is that you inevitably become a healbot. If you start attacking, especially in melee range, you risk drawing the ire of the entire party. I like that the Mistweaver HAS to fight to heal. I look forward to the chronicle of your Monk's adventures!

    ReplyDelete